Sunday 4 July 2010

The Tact of Teachers

I've had another short piece published online over at Dyske.com. It was originally written about the subject of criticism in the context of teacher authority, but I soon realised that it applied to all people in positions of authority so I've changed the title to "The Tact of Leaders". Anyway, you can find it here.

I've also previously written about tact, criticism and teaching here. It's a really interesting subject I think and surprisingly under-examined.

3 comments:

Tamsin said...

Just want to say that I love this blog, and look forward to reading it proper now. Last time I had a look I couldn't find a way in, but I'm going to knuckle down now....

Jim Hamlyn said...

Thanks Tamsin that's really kind. I love this blogging business too - all these different people writing and making images and videos and contributing great thoughts and encouraging one another for no material gain - if I weren't so cynical I'd say it's the stuff of utopias.

Stirling said...

Great topic! and tact is one of those things that I'm sure every art teacher struggles with. During my student teaching this was an issue I constantly dreaded and took pains to experiment with and on the fateful day that I obtain a teaching position, I know it will leave me sleepless on many nights.

Post a Comment